Tip -

You can click on any image in the blog to view it larger.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Phoebe Sick? Nah... Pink Eye? Yep!

Last Friday, March 27th... I stayed home with Phoebe because she threw up Thursday night. She seemed fine except for when she'd fall asleep, she'd start coughing alot. And it wasn't a dry cough. She was fine all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday (except for coughing in her sleep). Sunday night she vomited again. I called Ms. Jude to let her know that I'd keep her home Monday (they can't go to Mother's Day Out if they've thrown up in past 24 hours).. well Ms. Jude said, you told me she was coughing in her sleep... it's probably the drainage making her nauseous. DUH! Why didn't I think of that? Thanks Ms. Jude! So Phoebe wasn't sick after all, it was just her sinuses. She went to Mother's Day Out and I went to work. That was Monday.

Then Tuesday, I drop Phoebe off and Ms. Jude sounded sick, she said she has a cold and should be fine. I told her to call me if needed and I'll come get Phoebe. She called around 11am saying she was running fever. So I went to pick Phoebe up and worked from home the rest of the day (Phoebe fell asleep on our way home so I was able to get right to work!) and she was cooperative the rest of the day so I was able to get alot of work done.

Wednesday - the day was going well, didn't seem like anyone was sick. Then I get a call from Ms. Jude around 2:30 or so, she said she thinks Phoebe has pink eye. She hasn't been around any kids with pink eye, that I know of. And she hasn't shown any signs of it before, so I brushed it off at first. I told her she's been getting lashes in her eyes and rubbing them like crazy and crying (I know that feeling & it isn't fun!)... so maybe she just had a lash in her eye. She said she'd clean it out and let me know how it looks later. Sure enough, it pussed up and it's super red. I called Kathy at work to give her a heads up that I may not be in tomorrow. I woke up this morning (Thursday) and checked her eye, it was glued shut. I'm going to try and get in with the doctor today, but still, not sure if she'll be able to go by Ms. Jude's tomorrow either, I'm sure it won't be healed. Might be another work from home day!







Update! I was able to get Phoebe in with the Dr on Thursday. He confirmed that it is pink eye and prescribed her some drops. We got them filled immediately and put them in as directed. Sure enough, her eye was just about cleared up Friday morning. So mommy was able to go to work.

No comments: