Tip -

You can click on any image in the blog to view it larger.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

First Trip to the Dentist

Today was Phoebe's first dentist appt and I take full responsibility for not doing my homework before taking her. The dentist was horrible. She was a pediatric dentist but you could tell that she must not have kids of her own, she was not kid friendly at all. Poor Phoebe was so upset, granted... she was tired and didn't have a nap but she was terrified. We ended up leaving the room to see if she'd calm down but she didn't. I was lucky to have work calling me with an urgency at the time because I don't think I could've handled it. While we were there, Michael thought she was just cranky from missing her nap and I thought she was probably just scared of the equipment and all that was lying around. But after we left, we had a chance to let it all sink in and realize that the dentist didn't even try to talk to Phoebe, she just came in and wanted to get straight to work. Every pediatric doctor "should" know that you can't just rush in on children... you need to be patient and give them a chance to realize you're not there to hurt them. I feel so guilty for making her sit through that. The dentist said "all 3 year olds get a cleaning from me but I could barely even brush her teeth because she was fighting me so much. You'll have to take her to a dentist that can put her to sleep to work on her teeth". Lady, I just "put my dog to sleep", don't use those words!!! Phoebe was soooo upset, her face was all broken out from screaming and straining so much. (Click on the image for a larger pic & you can see her face)..My poor baby.


So yes, I feel horrible. I have definitely learned my lesson from this and I vow to research physicians or anyone that will care for Phoebe... and I will get referrals from other parents.

Oh and pass it on... DO NOT USE JENNIFER CHUO ON GREENS ROAD IN HOUSTON!!!!!!!!!!! We also didn't know anything about the area... it ended up being the GHETTO! There were like 5 cars pulled over by police on our way back to the interstate. Everything about the experience was horrible. Phoebe, I'm so sorry baby girl.

No comments: