Tip -

You can click on any image in the blog to view it larger.

Friday, October 22, 2010

Learning to Talk to Him

Mike and I say prayers together every night with Phoebe, but we recently agreed that we need to change it up. She should learn to pray, so she's comfortable talking to God. So in my Mom2Mom class at church Wednesday, I brought it up and got some pointers. No matter how much I want to pray, I could never find the words. I do pray, just not the way I would like to. I want to learn more and get more comfortable talking to God, so I can share this with Phoebe. We started off by asking Phoebe to say her usual "Now I lay me down to sleep" prayer and then asked her to tell God what she is thankful for. Here was her first shot at it "Thank you for my friends and family, my health, thank you for Jesus and God and the children, in Jesus' name we pray, Amen".

And today we started a thankfulness journal. I asked her to write down some things she's thankful for. Here is what she was thankful for today: fruit, house, swing, chairs, Jesus, God.   =)

Thanks Connie from Mom2Mom for sending me the info on praying with your children. And thanks to Sally W. for the prayer parent book, it will certainly come in handy! I really appreciate that you ladies thought of us!

No comments: